schooloffunk

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Bad Timing

This is my 4th year of teaching, interrupted by a year of youth work. I had a contract for 2 years, and have been subbing for 2 years. Originally I was only going to be subbing for 5-6 months and then I was going traveling, but then I met Kelsey and that plan was bumped back a bit. Now, we're all set to get married in July and then go traveling together from September until June, which is way better than traveling alone.
This is all background to what I'm about to tell you. I live in a major centre, but have been teaching in the outlying areas until this year when I got on the sublist in the city. Subbing has gone really well. REALLY REALLY WELL, and now when I can't take it, I'm offered a full time contract for next year! It's a bit heart wrenching, but I'm confident that it's the right decision. I declined the contract and the board was surprisingly supportive. They said my recommendations speak for me and that they'll offer me again when they have the opportunity. It's good to be wanted.

T.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home